Lynwood, CA- During a meeting held yesterday, the Lynwood City Council discussed cuts that in their opinion, are necessary to balance the budget. Those cuts include potential layoffs; the city council discussed positions, but never mentioned any names, presumably, because that is confidential information.
Councilwoman Leticia Vasquez attended the Block Watch meeting yesterday, and gave block watch captains detailed descriptions of the positions that will be laid off. While no specific names were given, her descriptions left little guessing as to whom the people holding the positions are.
Amongst the positions Leticia Vasquez mentioned are:
- One person from planning who is retiring;
- One person from Bateman Hall who is retiring;
- One person from the complaint department;
- One person who serves as the sheriff liaison;
- One person who coordinates after school programs;
Some residents, and other employees consider Leticia Vasquez’ behavior unprofessional, and unethical, and argue that the City should have notified affected employees in a confidential manner.